MoraBanc is Named as Bank of the Year 2021
Andorra's MoraBanc has been started as a family-run business which later turned into a financial group serving individual and corporate customers. As of now, the bank focuses on innovation and digital progress while prioritizing customer support.
Customers wishing to open an account need to submit an application and provide with the following documents:
- Individual accounts and cards;
- Saving accounts;
- Loans and mortgages;
- Business accounts for companies of any size;
- Private banking;
- Asset management;
- Online broker.
MoraBanc offers products for various age and professional groups. As such, it has products for individuals up to 15 years, between 16-30 age, 30+ adults, public employees, freelancers and professional association members.
Other products target different life situations, for example, organizing a wedding, buying a property, travelling, buying a car, studying, planning a retirement. With this diversification, anyone can find a suitable product.
1. ID documents for individuals:
- original copy of passport or a valid ID document
- copy of an utility bill
- letter of reference from a bank, bank account statements for the past year, a copy of the last tax return, and, in certain cases, a residency certificate
- tax statement
- proof of the source of funds, such as payslips, bills, or bank statements
2. Company documents for corporate accounts:
- documents that accredit business activity
- tax statement
MoraBanc has been awarded as the Bank of the Year 2021 by the Banker, a reputable banking award. It was noted that MoraBanc was increased by 7.8% in capital position and expanded internationally in 2020. Another key success achievement is product and service innovation, notably "three-times paycheque loan" highly demanded during pandemic, bank's digital transformation plan, online banking. In October 2021 MoraBanc acquired 51% of Banco Sabadell d'Andorra which would potentially increase the bank's net profits in forthcoming years.